Guy Fawkes Night is always great fun, but it can be dangerous tpp. Every year there are injuries and sometimes even deaths. Therefore take a moment to think about safety.
- keep pets indoors
- only have adults handle and light the fireworks
- stand well back when watching fireworks
- don’t go back to unexploded fireworks
- don’t give babies and toddlers fireworks
- make sure children don’t pick up dropped sparklers, have them wear gloves
- don’t throw fireworks
- light them at arms length using a taper
- keep fireworks in a closed box and take them out as you use them
What other ways are there to be safe?